One of the most frequent repair services performed by a bench jeweler is sizing. Whether it's a ring, necklace, bracelet or sometimes even earrings, proper sizing simply equates to greater comfort and that in turn means it won't be hidden away in some dusty jewelery box. In the case of rings, there are numerous factors to account for. Decades of experience makes sure the critical issues are considered. These include but are certainly not limited to:
- What metal is the ring?
- Are there decorative detail on the shank?
- Any heat-sensitive gems involved?
- What season is the ring being sized in?
- Does the customer have trouble getting a ring through a knuckle?
- How large or small of a sizing jump needs to be achieved?
- What is the best candidate sizing process for a particular ring structure?